Wii Bar Bii Que 2009
James and Alicia Purl hosted a Wii Bar Bii Que on Saturday, June 27, 2009. It began roughly at 4:00 p.m., with dinner being served around 5:00 p.m. The Rock Band 2 rockin' out ended around 12:45am. There was preliminary thought that there would be another Star Wars Hexology on Sunday, June 28, 2009. Thanks to all who attended-we enjoyed seeing you!
- Nintendo Wii™ gameplay on a 37" LCD HDTV never happened, though it was considered.
- XBox 360™ gameplay on a 61" DLP HDTV was be considered and took place!
- Playstation 3™ gameplay on a 61" DLP HDTV never happened, though it was considered.
- A one year birthday celebration for Anastasia Purl.
- In honor of Michael Jackson, a previously planned guest song voting activity was scrapped and instead, some of the greatest hits of Michael Jackson (solo and as part of The Jacksons/Jackson Five) were played instead.
This year, due to overwhelming left-overs after Wii_Bar_Bii_Que_2008, food was prepared in-house (and on the grill), shortly after the guests arrived. The menu was simpler, and included:
- Hot Dogs
- Baked Beans
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Coke Zero®, Dr Pepper®, Hawaiian Punch®
- A great big birthday cake for the Purl Girls
- Three flavors of Ice Cream
James took several pictures during the event, and posted all the worthy ones to his flickr site, after obtaining permission from the parents of the children present.
Since the content on WikiPurlia is released under a Creative Commons License, I must mention the copyrights and trademarks I mentioned here. I have no explicit permission to use them.
"Wii" is a registered trademark of Nintendo of America, Inc.
"XBox 360" is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
"Rock Band 2" is a registered trademark of Harmonix and MTV Games
"Playstation 3" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc
Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Sprite are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company
Dr Pepper and Hawaiian Punch are a registered trademarks of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.