Wii Bar Bii Que 2010
James, Alicia and Anastasia Purl held yet another Wii Bar Bii Que on Saturday, August 21, 2010. It began at 4:00 p.m., with dinner being served around 5:30 p.m. It ended at midnight. As it turns out, this will be the last of the Wii Bar Bii Que's (at least in the traditional format in Wichita, Kansas). This is due to the Purls moving to Los Angeles, California (later to San Jose) in December 2010.
- Nintendo Wii™ gameplay on a 32" LED/LCD HDTV (Trivial Pursuit).
- XBox 360™ gameplay on a 61" DLP HDTV (Rock Band/Rock Band 2: lead, bass, drums, mic).
- Playstation 3™ gameplay on a 32" LED/LCD HDTV was considered, but did not happen.
- Outdoor activities were scaled back to sprinkling water toys for the children (weather permitted).
This year, due to lowered attendance, we BBQ'd at the Wii BBQ again. The menu included:
- Hot Dogs
- Baked Beans
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Coke®, Sprite®, Coke Zero®, Dr Pepper®, Minute Maid® Fruit Punch, Lemonade
- Ice cream
- Cupcakes (thanks Kendric)
- Cookies (thanks Kendric)
- Druber's Donuts (thanks Rick)
James took pictures and video, and he asks permission to post the ones he got focused and properly exposed to his flickr and Youtube sites.
Since the content on WikiPurlia is released under a Creative Commons License, I must mention the copyrights and trademarks I mentioned here. I have no explicit permission to use them.
"Wii" is a registered trademark of Nintendo of America, Inc.
"Trivial Pursuit for Wii" is copyrighted by Electronic Arts.
"XBox 360" is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
"Rock Band" and "Rock Band 2" are a registered trademarks of Harmonix and MTV Games
"Playstation 3" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc
Coke, Coke Zero, Minute Maid and Sprite are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company
Dr Pepper is a registered trademark of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.